Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I JUST CAN'T STOP SMILING THESE DAYS!!!


I've always hated that saying, "Never change!" I remember when I was a senior in high school and friends used to say that to me or write that in my yearbook. I'm glad I changed, otherwise I would still be that annoying kid that loved Prank-calling Blockbuster video and mooning crowds of people as my friends drove. Oh damn, I still do that, lol. I guess my playful immaturity is still intact but my priorities are definitely in order.

Change is important. In every career, development is crucial. As a model, it is important to "re-invent" yourself. A time to get to know yourself inside and out. The mental, spiritual and physical; the trinity! As time progresses and fashion-trends change, it is imperative that we change with it, otherwise we become irrelevant. Hate to use this reference but Heidi Klum say's it the best, "In fashion, one day you're in and the next you're out!" Can't believe I just quoted Heidi Klum.

The journey to becoming successful is tricky. There are so many doors that open up for all of us on a daily basis and its hard to pick the right one. Most of the time, we miss out on great opportunities. I'm glad I didn't sleep on the opportunity of coming to Los Angeles and model out here for the summer! My girlfriend convinced me to come to LA. She is a carefree/spontaneous person. I'm more of a square/planner. At least I'm honest.

Ever since I moved to LA I can't stop smiling ;-) My cheeks hurt... YES, I smile that much! My gf and I ended up rescuing two awesome Rednose Pitbulls from the West Los Angeles Shelter. They definitely changed me for the better. For the worse too, I have not been able to work-out or get any privacy with my gf, hahaha. I need to work-out and stay in shape otherwise poppa won't get booked, lol. I wouldn't change them for the world, though. We come back to NYC in August... I guess its going to be a FULL HOUSE!

I don't want to go back to NYC. I have worked with amazing photographers, stylists and designers here in LA. They definitely facilitated my transformation in becoming a more rounded and diverse individual. I've met some groups of people that I will definitely be friends forever (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)... BFFs, lol. I'm very blessed right now!




FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @JHANELLECASTILLO

No comments:

Post a Comment