Thursday, February 28, 2013

NYC IS THE PEOPLE WATCHING CAPITOL OF THE WORLD

Sometimes I feel that New Yorkers are too jaded. How is that even possible? This city is the biggest metropolis of the United Sates. I'll even be bold enough to say that New York City is the metropolis of the world. Hey smart guy/gale I know what you are thinking, "There are larger cities than NYC, i.e. Tokyo, Jakarta, New Delhi, Mexico City, etc...etc...etc.." I know that! I've read Wikipedia! But those cities are not as multi-cultural/ethnically/racially/religiously diverse as New York!

People often ask me how/where I see so many "Crazy," "Weird," "Interesting" people. Here is the short answer: STOP BEING SO JADED! So many cool things are happening right in front of you... but you are too busy rushing through life. Take a moment... do like tourists do and walk slow as hell, look up at buildings, block sidewalks and take pictures... something cool will happen, guarantee it!

Here are a few priceless images that I've captured throughout my residency in New York City. Enjoy!
YES I TOOK ALL OF THE PICTURES BELOW
'Grandma gets pooped by grandson.' Took this picture outside of the Equinox in Soho. Her face lol.
'I'm too sexy for my shirt.' Took this picture the summer of 2010 waiting for the 'R' Train on 8th St.
'He runs this hood.' Took this photo of an ex neighbor of mine! We shared many awesome stories. Actually, he did most of the talking. Never let me have a word in, lol.
'Sleeping like a BOSS!' This man is NOT homeless. The 'L' Train was taking too long so he decided to take a nap in the middle of the stairs, like a BOSS! Took this picture in Union Square.
'Tits MacGee.' Took this picture in soho. FUN FACT: It is LEGAL for women to be topless in NYC, legal since 1992. 
HERE IS THE VIDEO I TOOK:


'Boner Boy.' I don't know why I took this picture but it was the most awkward thing I have ever witnessed. Took this very uncomfortable picture at Brooklyn Boulders. More like Brooklyn Boners.
'Moving out... Like a boss.' I captured this image while riding the '6' train. I have more pictures of people transporting some weird stuff on the subway, will post more soon.
'Haters gonna Hate.' I took this picture of awesome man at Washington Sq. Park. I was sitting next to him and people were yelling at him for "being different." I told him that I thought he was awesome for not caring what others thought of him. Bravo for being different. Life is too short to be BORING!

I added all of the texts on my photos via a super cool website I found: http://quickmeme.com/ 


4 comments:

  1. Love haters one and the message AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why people hate on others. We are all different! That's what makes this world so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Jhanelle, you are awesome. Love the blog. You needed an outlet for all that FUNNY. Glad to see you're doing well, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda! I have many more pics that I think you will enjoy, lol. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete